Incumbent is responsible for maintaining the safe day-to-day manufacturing operation of the company's East Coast regional processing facility delivering food safe products at optimal cost and service levels. Staffing responsibilities include (2) managers, (4) supervisors, (1) Production Clerk, and (400+) associates. In a collaborative environment, this position is expected to envision and set the site's manufacturing mission including developing/leading the continuous improvement plans to realize department goals and objectives. Responsible and accountable to supporting site compliance with OSHA, EPA and FDA regulations as well as meeting customer manufacturing requirements. Develop department standard operating procedures as well as required KOI measurements to insure that performance and processes are improved on a continuous basis. Budget accountability for creating and delivering direct labor, raw product yield and dry good material usage variances. Important aspects of the position include: brand protection, protecting the health and welfare of our co-workers, providing a work environment that fosters employee satisfaction, utilizing management skills to analyze corporate objectives, developing efficient plans and implement actions to achieve agreed upon goals. Significant customer and cross-departmental interface. Support the launch of new products requiring new process/packaging techniques. Accountable for materials requisitioning as well as labor in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley.
College degree (BA/BS)
Ten plus years experience in a managerial role in a related industry with proven expertise in the following:
1. Strong technical understanding of manufacturing process flow.
2. Very strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to take complex assignments and interpret them into working actions by subordinates.
3. Strong understanding of food processing, food sanitation, food safety, worker safety, cost development or equivalent.
4. Ability to envision results based on conceptual ideas presented by others.
5. Demonstrated ability to make improvements to underperforming processes, which will result in cost benefits to the company.
6. LEAN leadership expertise and experience preferred.
7. Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and databases.
Proven leadership skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to multi-task, prioritize and take pro-active action in a fast paced environment. Ten plus years experience in manufacturing management with 3-5 years in a food-manufacturing environment. MBA or advanced, related degree preferred. Formal process improvement leadership and execution with demonstrated successes a strong plus.
Salary Grade: I