SCS Engineers has an immediate career opportunity for a Health & Safety Director based from our Reston, VA location.
* Plans and directs the Health and Safety practice for the Region
* Ensure, according to company, industry and regulatory standards, that company projects are compliant with all health and safety regulations
* Strive for continuous improvement with a goal of no reportable incidents.
* Bachelor of Science degree Occupational Health and Safety or related area of expertise;
* 10+ years of related professional experience in a health and safety management role;
* 40-hour Basic Health and Safety Training for Hazardous Waste Sites;
* 8-hour Supervisory Training for Hazardous Waste Sites;
* Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) and/or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is strongly desired;
* Knowledge of federal and national state safety laws;
* Ability to identify and evaluate workplace hazards;
* Excellent verbal and writing communication skills;
* Proficient with MS-Office software applications;
* Ability to work cooperatively with others and foster team spirit with all levels of personnel;
* Capable of spending some time on travel status to other office and job locations regionally