SCS Engineers has an immediate career opportunity for an Air Permitting Engineer in our Charleston, SC location.
* Preparation of air construction and operation permit applications;
* Preparation of air emissions estimates and reports;
* Preparation of air permit compliance reports;
* Involvement in other elements such as ambient air modeling using SCREEN3 or AERMOD software.
* Bachelor of Science degree in chemical engineering;
* 2 to 5 years of experience with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and various state air permitting/compliance issues;
* Experience specific to air permitting and compliance issues such as (NSPS and Title V) is preferred;
* Proficient with MS-Office software applications;
* Strong verbal and writing communication skills;
* Engineer in Training (EIT) certification is desired;
* Professional Engineering (PE) license is a plus.