SCS Engineers has an immediate career opportunity for an Air Permitting Engineer in our Reston, VA location.
- Preparation of air construction and operation permit applications;
- Preparation of air emissions estimates and reports;
- Preparation of air permit compliance reports;
- Landfill gas and gas control engineering and design;
- Landfill gas pipeline design;
- Preparation of engineering plans and specifications.
- Bachelor of Science degree in civil, environmental, mechanical or chemical engineering;
- 2 to 5 years of experience with Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and various state air permitting and compliance issues;
- AutoCADD and ambient air modeling SCREEN3 or AERMOD software;
- Experience and knowledge specific to landfill gas air permitting and compliance issues such as (NSPS and Title V) is preferred;
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification is desired;
- Landfill Gas (LFG) design and/or a professional engineering (PE) license is a plus.