We are looking for a Regulatory Reporting Manager with hedge fund accounting background to work in our Portfolio Analytics group in our Midtown Manhattan, NYC location.
Portfolio Analytics is a dynamic team that specializes in designing and delivering new analytical and regulatory reporting products for clients. The team's model is to apply technical analytical expertise to data, existing as an input or output for other line of business areas, to efficiently meet client requirements.
Portfolio Analytics work across a wide range of product types in the Hedge Fund/Asset Management space, and interacts with the full spectrum of middle and back office functions at SS&C GlobeOp. The project-based nature of the work means consistently progressing against challenging timelines as Portfolio Analytics directs projects from inception through to go live.
The nature of building new products requires a close working relationship with development teams and a significant part of the team's function is to provide specifications that can make sense from a technical and business perspective. Further, such products need to be explained clearly and comprehensively in meetings with clients, prospects and other teams within SS&C GlobeOp.
This specific role involves assisting in implementing and project managing client mandates. This role requires good financial product knowledge, experience working on portfolios in an analysis or control capacity, and an ability to liaise with and manage clients.
This role requires management experience and the ability to motivate and influence others to accomplish goals and direct staff in a way that makes it more cohesive and coherent by exhibiting attributes such as values, character, knowledge and skill.
- Working proactively to develop and implement new product and services in the regulatory and analytics space
- Meeting challenging deadlines with high-quality deliverables and be accountable for those deliverables
- Adapting to work on several projects in parallel
- Working independently and professionally on strategic goals for the team and the company
- Establishing a network of positive working relationships with members of other teams and leverage this to achieve goals
- Accountability for work and maintaining appropriate information for progress reporting to head of department and senior management
- Finding solutions to analytical problems independently
- Communicating ideas, product information and project progress clearly and confidently to team members, management, peers, clients and prospects
- Contributing to the ideas-based culture of the team, by suggesting possible new projects, or new (improved) approaches to existing projects
- Managing NY team
Skills and Knowledge Desired:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics or related field
- 5+ years experience in the finance industry working in investment banking, asset management or financial services
- Good understanding of capital markets products (especially Fixed Income and Derivatives)
- Prior hedge fund accounting experience
- Solid hands on supervisory experience
- Capability to implement and improve structured processes
- Ability to find creative solutions to complex analytical problems
- Demonstrable experience in tailoring solutions to meet specific requirements
- Practical experience in the application of performance measurement techniques
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel
- CFA a strong plus
- CPA a plus
- Experience with report writing using Cognos or SQL a plus
- Form PF experience is a strong plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in managing and dealing with clients